Meet Our Researchers
FOI Swedish Defence Research Agency
FOI leads WP1 “Operational review in chemical threats DIM,” SERS technology verification & proof of concept demonstrations, and participates in WP2 in functionalization of SERS substrates and in WP3 in testing and evaluation of SERS components. Responsible for test and evaluation of SERS components and systems in WP1 and 3 using threat chemicals.
National Institute for Nuclear, Chemical and Biological Protection
As a research organization, the National Institute for NBC Protection is focused on experimental development and innovation in various areas of activity related to CBRN agents. Our primary role is to perform Technology readiness level (TRL) evaluation of the concept at various stages of the project.
Silmeco is the project coordinator of the SERSing project. Silmeco will mostly focus on fabrication of plasmonic substrates for SERS detection, development, and fabrication of microfluidic SERS units for detection of chemical threats in gas and liquids.
- I’m an R&D process development engineer and working on WP2 and WP3. I’m using my expertise in semiconductor micro- and nanofabrication to deliver a better and more durable performance of the SERS devices.
Learn more about Amirali here
CINBIO Universida de Vigo
The role of UVIGO in the SERSing project is the development of high performance surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS) substrates based on plasmonic nanoparticles and porous materials fabricated by bottom-up approaches.
Sarah De Marchi Lourenço:
- The role of UVIGO in the SERSing project is the development of high performance surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS) substrates based on plasmonic nanoparticles and porous materials fabricated by bottom-up approaches.
Learn more about Sarah here
Universidad de Zaragoza
The UniZar’s role is focused on the development of the fabrication of Plasmonic Substrates for SERS detection (WP2).
- Fabrication of plasmonic nanostructured SERS substrates by Bottom-Up and Top-Down approaches : design-simulation-fabrication-validation with representative probes
- Functionalization of SERS substrates fabricated by Top-Down approaches
UniZar is also involved in the fabrication of micro pre-concentrators and performing tests on either these and some microfluidic SERS platforms, designed for gas phase collection (WP3).
Furthermore, UniZar performs in its laboratory the Raman-SERS analysis in the gas phase of Agent Simulants (WP4 and WP5).
Besides that, UniZar is also involved, as all the other partners, in the: Operational Review in Chemical Threats DIM, SERS Technology Verification & Proof of Concept Demonstrations; and Project Management & Exploitation Plan.
Kissia Batista Ferreira:
- I am responsible for fabricating and characterizing plasmonic nanoparticles and their adsorption mechanism to produce SERS substrates (Bottom-up approach) with high reproducibility. I am also in charge of testing their SERS potential in terms of their plasmonic effect and enhancement factor, for instance. At last, I also perform SERS analysis (of toxic compound surrogates) in the gas phase with these substrates and with substrates fabricated by other of our SERSing project partners.
Learn more about Kissia here